Rats finding your home as their dwelling place is no laughing matter. They are small rodents that can be found everywhere in the world. They can be dangerous because they carry diseases and parasites. Their strong teeth allow them chew through almost anything. Rats are scavengers. They have good sense of taste and can identify certain substances including rat poisons after just a tiny taste of it.
Signs of Rat in your home
Rats are not usually seen during the day unless disturbed from their protective harborage.
Sounds Noise produced by scurrying rat
Gnaw Marks Rats needs to gnaw and chew on wood, plastic and other hard surfaces in order to keep their teeth chiseled down.
Droppings Rats produce a lot of feces and that’s a surefire way to spot them.
Four Odor Rats have a reputation as dirty with unpleasant odor.
4 Ways to get rid of Rats
- Traps: Identify the rat’s feeding and nesting place (check for droppings or chewed materials). This is where you will want to set the traps. Bait (food or poison) can be placed in the center or along their path to attract them.
2. Get a cat: Cats are great hunters and natural rat predators. Remember a cat will not be able to catch rat that is in holes, ceiling or tightly hidden places.
3. Rat Poison: This option should be used only in areas where domestic animals and children can’t access to prevent accidental poisoning. Most rat poison contain warfarin, which causes internal bleeding and other drugs that kills rats, but can also be harmful to pets and humans.
Be aware that rat poison does not kill rat instantly, it can take up to a week to kill the rat.
4. Cover All Holes and Openings Around Your House: Rats easily gain entry to your home through uncovered holes and openings leading to outside of your home. As such, the most effective way of getting your home free from rats is to plug those holes and openings.
5. Professional Exterminator: Click here to find professionals or call t-hub hotline +2347037778518 for professional help.
- Rats like to eat, so keep your homes clean and do not leave food out. Ensure are leftovers are either covered, put in the refrigerator or trashed in the dustbin
- Make sure your home and storage areas are clean and dry always
- Take out trash regularly
- Close up any small holes and cracks they can come in through.
- Fumigate your home regularly to take out rodents, crawling and flying insects (recommended frequency is every six months). Engage services of an Expert.
Call a Professional exterminator now on (0)7037778518, or check Now